CALL FOR PAPERS
The 1st Workshop on Smart and Connected Indoor Environments
in conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication and Networking (SECON 2017)
June 12th, 2017 San Diego, CA, USA
Submission deadline: March 31, 2017
Notification of acceptance: April 17, 2017
Camera-ready workshop papers due: April 30, 2017
Workshop date: June 12, 2017
EDAS submission site
Call for Submissions:
Sensors have become an essential part of our everyday life. Sensors embedded in our everyday environment such as homes, offices, classrooms, factories generate massive quantities of data about the physical environment and the interactions between humans and environment. The Workshop on Smart and Connected Indoor Environments will provide a forum for discussing innovative ideas that have potential to transform physical environment into smart environments using sensors and data analytics. We solicit papers of five or fewer pages that present preliminary research in a wide range of topics including fundamental work on algorithms, system prototyping, as well as smart environment driven applications. We encourage disruptive ideas and innovative applications.
The focus areas include, but not limited to,
- Systems for smart home/buildings/classrooms/factories/hospitals
- Indoor localization and navigation
- Wi-Fi based sensing
- Visible light communication and sensing
- Mobile and wearable systems for smart and connected environments
- Internet-of-Things for smart and connected environments
- VR/AR for smart and connected environments
- Sensor-based human-environment interaction
- Privacy and security for smart and connected environments
- Smart and connected environments to support elder care and independent living
Submissions should be limited to five (5) pages including references.
Submission must be in PDF format (ONLY). All submissions should comply with the IEEE SECON guidelines.